COMMUNICATION & SAFETY LEADERSHIP, PLANNING & ORGANISING
- Effective questioning, active Listening and understanding Body language.
- Written communication - Clarity versus confusion
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the safety, welfare and general well-being of others
- Effective leadership skills. Assessing risks and demonstrating visible leadership and positively engaging others to do the same
- Managing Time & Competing Priorities Setting Milestones Identifying critical tasks or paths Adjusting and monitoring tasks. Using the Priority Matrix
COACHING, MOTIVATION, DELEGATION, CONTRACTOR & CLIENT MANAGEMENT
- How to provide positive support, feedback and advice and how to bring a disciplined accountability to the relationship
- How to develop higher levels of performance and develop the skill of posing powerful questions
- The ability to adapt coaching styles and strategies
- Making people do what we want them to do by asking the right questions and encouraging involvement
- When to let go, reward, reprimand or support the learning process
- The 5 steps of Delegation: what to delegate; Who do delegate it to, what not to delegate and how to do it. Considering the best time to delegate
- Managing difficult conversations with Contractors and clients and instilling trust and confidence.
- How to be more assertivene and in control under pressure
- Dealing and negotiating with demands whilst retaining a positive relationship
- Thinking ahead and planning the communication to effectively manage clients and contractors
MANAGING PERFORMANCE, APPRAISALS & INTERVIEWING
- How to set expectations and improve management communication.
- Targeting discussions including development plans, reviews and assessments. Managing underperformance and benchmarking
- What we need to prepare and how to structure an appraisal.
- What the appraisee should prepare.
- Consider and plan appropriate roles and responsibilities What to ask the appraisee and how to encourage ‘Self-Appraisal’
- Opening up difficult conversations with questioning tools and techniques.
- Understanding SMART objectives and how to issue them.
- Effectively concluding the interview.
BEHAVIOURAL MANAGEMENT, MANAGING MEETINGS & 1-2-1’s
- Understanding behavioral styles and responding to those styles.
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and MacGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y.
- Introducing Situational leadership (The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard)
- Preparation and conducting meetings effectively by following a pre-prepared agenda.
- Encouraging participation and gaining agreement through consensus.
- Setting the scene for effective and productive 1-2-1s
- How to structure an effective presentation using a systematic approach.
- How to open and close a presentation with maximum impact by using different types of presentation material and visual aids.
- How to use notes yet retain spontaneity
- How to use vocal dynamics when communicating with the audience.
- What and how to defer and refer and how to deal with challenges, questions and interruptions.